Having a wagon as a child is one of my fondest childhood memories. You will make countless memories with your children as they grow up, and if you own a wagon, it will become part of those memories.
Wagons have long been a popular mode of transportation for kids. Not only are they fun to ride in, but they can also be practical, making it easier to carry snacks, drinks, and other essentials on a day out.
With so many types of wagons available on the market, it can be difficult to know which one to choose.
In this article, we will look closely at some of the best wagons for kids based on safety, durability, accessories, and overall value for money.
Radio Flyer Full Size All-Terrain Steel and Wood Wagon
This classic-style wagon by Radio Flyer is designed to have a smooth ride on all different types of terrain. It has a steel body with natural wood sizes. The high wooden stake sides let your child sit comfortably and safely inside while keeping their hands and fingers secure.
Its 10″ rugged rubber tires can easily be filled with air to keep that nice and smooth ride.
Extra long handle for easy pulling. The handle also folds under for easy storage during travel.
With a weight capacity of 200 pounds, this sturdy wagon can be used for years as your child grows.
It has controlled turning, which prevents tipping.
The Radio Flyer Full Size All-Terrain Steel and Wood Wagon won the National Parenting Publications and Early Childhood News Director’s Award.
- Classic Radio Flyer design
- Steel body with natural wood sides
- Rugged 10-inch rubber tires
- Long handle for easy pulling that also folds
- Controlled turning that prevents tipping
- sturdy, weight capacity of 200 pounds
- Wagon weight 36.6 pounds
- Recommended ages 1 1/2 and up
- Dimensions 41 x 21 x 37 inches
Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Outdoor Wagon
This is a great wagon by Radio Flyer. The Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Outdoor Wagon is a convertible, collapsing wagon with three riding options, hauling, two-seat rider, or bench sitting. One of the best features of this wagon is that it easily folds, letting you put it in your trunk and take it anywhere. This wagon has a removable canopy for UV sun protection.
- Three riding options hauling, two riders, or bench
- Easy folding to take everywhere, folded dimensions 7LX 18.50 X 32.68 H
- Has seatbelts
- UV-blocking canopy for sun protection
- Unfolded dimensions 39.37 x 21.26 x 40.75
- Weight limit 150 pounds
- Rear storage pouch
- Safe for kids. It passes the ASTM-F963-t3 toy safety standard.
Step 2 Wagon for Two Plus
This wagon comes in various colors: red, green, blue, black, and beige.
It has an easy open latch door. Seating for two, the seats also have seat belts. The long handle makes it easy to pull and folds under for easy storage.
It has 8″ inches wheels with plastic tread.
This wagon has a storage compartment under the back seat. It has 2 cup holders to hold cups or snacks.
Very durable and can be easily cleaned.
It is recommended for children ages 18 months and up. This is a great wagon for small children.
It is also light weighing only 24 pounds; it can be pulled easily.
This wagon has a weight limit of 75 pounds.
- Comes in a variety of colors, including red, green, black, blue, and beige.
- Easy open latch door
- Two seats
- The long handle makes it easy to pull
- Lightweight wagon, only 24 pounds
- 2 cup holders
- Storage compartment under the seat
- recommended for children 18 months and up.
- Weight limit of 75 pounds
- Dimensions 42.5 x 20.2 x 38.2 inches
Mac Sports Folding Beach Wagon
This is the ultimate beach wagon. If you don’t own a beach wagon and have kids or bring a lot with you to the beach, you should consider getting one. This folding beach wagon by Mac Sports has a 4.5-star rating for a good reason.
It has extra wide wheels to make trekking through the sand a breeze. It easily collapses to fit in your car and is easy to open.
The fabric is very durable and can be cleaned with soap and water. This wagon is great for pulling your kids; you can also use it to store your beach cooler, blankets, towels, umbrella, and more. It can carry loads up to 150 pounds which is a great feature.
If you don’t go to the beach, this is also a great wagon to take with you to sporting events, tailgating parties, BBQs at the park, and more.
- Easy folds to take with you anywhere
- Extra wide tires that make trekking through sand or trails a breeze
- Easily cleans with soap and water
- Can carry up to 150 pounds
- Great for the beach, sporting events, tailgating parties, BBQs, and parks.
- Great for Soccer moms
- Item weight 24.5 pounds
- Dimensions 36.2 x 21.4 x 24.6 inches
Step 2 All Around Canopy Wagon
This is a great wagon by Step 2. This wagon also converts. It has two seats that can flip into a flatbed, table, or be used as seats.
The seats have seat belts for extra safety. It has 6 cup holders. The rear storage compartment (trunk) can store small toys, extra snacks, keys, or cell phones.
The doors are easy to open and close, which is great for toddlers.
The canopy can easily be removed but is great for providing a shake on hot and sunny days.
Step 2 All Around Canopy Wagon has a quiet and smooth ride. It has a 75-pound weight limit.
The wagon weighs 25 pounds. For children 18 months and up. Assembly required
- Seats that convert into a flat-bed or table
- Two seats with seat belts
- Trunk space that can be used as a storage compartment for cell phones, toys, or snacks
- Removable canopy
- Wheels provide a quiet and smooth ride
- Weight limit of 75 pounds
- Great for toddlers
- The wagon weight is 25.4 pounds
- Dimensions 41 x 19.5 x 40.5 inches
Where Can I Buy a Wagon for a Child?
All the wagons listed on this site can be found on Amazon, Target, Walmart, and other retailers.
Why Should I Buy a Wagon for My Child?
Wagons are a great and easy alternative to using a stroller. Most wagons have seating for two, which is great if you have more than one small child.
They usually have extra space for storage, so if you go to the park or playground, you can easily bring other belongings.
Plus, wagons are fun! Often children would rather sit in their wagons instead of their strollers. Wagons are great for family entertainment.
You can use them while walking around the neighborhood, on a family outing to a park or sports event, pumpkin picking, beach, backyard exploring, and walking around on Halloween are just some ways you can use your wagon.
What is a Good Price for a Child Wagon?
Many of the full comfort wagons sold today will range between $80-$120. They may be costly but will last until your child outgrows it even longer.
You will use the wagon often, so you want to ensure you don’t compromise quality to save $10.
A wagon is a great item to own if you have small children. The memories you make using them will bring countless smiles to you and your child’s face.
Make sure you research before purchasing to get one that matches your needs.