Skittles Conversation Game
Click here for more on self-esteem and character building
Have a group of kids, tweens or teens you need to get to know? Need an idea on how to get them to talk? Well, look no further. The skittles conversation game is a great way to get kids, tweens or teens talking.
Some children find it easy to talk, socialize and make friends. Other children are shy and it takes them a little bit longer to warm up. One thing all children have in common is they like to have fun.
Playing a game is a fun and less stressful way to get kids talking. Another plus is this candy involves candy, most children love candy. Although treats aren’t good all the time, in this situation is can be a plus.
This Skittles conversation game, which can also be played with M&Ms is a great icebreaker game for small groups or classes of children of all ages.
Skittles, enough for each child to receive 10. Don’t like skittles, no problem you can also do this game with M&Ms.
Napkin or something to put the candies on, one per child
A list of questions that you want the children to answer. Since there are 5 colors of skittles, you need 5 questions.
How to play
Each color will represent a question. The children have to answer the questions depending on how many of that color they have.
Color: Red: question: Tell me something that you dream about. Say Jimmy has 3 red skittles. They Jimmy has to tell you three things he dreams about.
You would go around the room asking each child the question and listening to the answers. Once the child is finished giving their answers, they can eat those skittles.
You can add in an additional rule in the game. Once you read the question. The children have to decide as a group if they want to eat all of their red skittles or each of them give one back to you and have you answer the question as well. This is a great way to let the children learn more about you.
Sample Icebreaker Questions
Need help with some icebreaker questions? Here is a list of questions you can ask the children. Remember they will have to give an answer for each one of the Skittles they have in that color, ex if they have 4 red skittles, they have to give 4 answers to the question
- What is something you dream about?
- What is something you are good at?
- Name a talent that you have.
- What do you like to eat?
- What characteristics do you think a good friend has?
- What is your favorite part of school?
- Where would you like to visit?
- What did you do over the summer, winter break, spring break, etc…?
- What are your favorite movies?
- Name your favorite music groups.
- Name your favorite songs.
- Name your favorite animated characters.
- Who are your favorite actors/actresses
- What social media, phone apps or games on your phone or tablet do you use?
- What are your favorite t.v shows?
- If you can meet anyone who would it be?
- If you were a superhero what powers would you have?
- If you were a villain what powers would you have?
- If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
- What are your favorite colors?