I’ve been to Las Vegas many times over the years throughout my 20’s and very early 30’s. I’ve always had so much fun going to the many pool parties and nightclubs that Vegas has to offer. I’ve never had less than the time of my life while vacationing over there. Las Vegas is actually my favorite place to travel. Now I’m in my mid 30’s and a proud mamma of a little girl. So, when I was offered the opportunity to go again I was super excited, however with no child care on hand I knew I had to bring her with me. We had so much fun, but still not the same as before. So, my personal opinion is…It depends on what you want out of the vacation. If you want that great night life, adult entertainment, fun gambling and pool parties leave your child at home, if you can. If you want to just visit the area and experience all the beautiful hotels and family friendly exhibits, bring the kids along. You will still have fun as long as you know what you came to do.
Here is a list of kid friendly things to do in Las Vegas
- Visit the Siegfried and Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage. They have many white tigers, leopards, lions on display. You can also get an up-close view of the dolphins and learn about their habitat.
- Watch the volcano erupt Nightly at the Mirage. This is definitely a kid pleaser with flames and lava that shoot into the sky. Show times run between 8PM-10PM (check with hotel for any times changes)
3. Watch the free Sirens of T.I pirate show at the Treasure Island Resort. (right next to the Mirage). Show times run between 5:30PM-11:30PM (check with the hotel for any time changes).
4.Get a cupcake at the cupcake ATM at Sprinkles in the Lynx. What kid doesn’t like a cupcake.
5.Check out the roller coaster at the New York, New York Hotel
6.Visit Hershey’s Chocolate World at New York, New York- They have a self-serve M&M bar, long Twizzlers, giant Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and more.
7. Watch the dancing fountains at the Bellagio. Show times run between 3PM and 12AM (make sure you check with the hotel for any changes in show times).
8. Definitely go to the dinner show the Tournament of the Kings at the Excalibur
9. I’m not really one for wax museums however the kids will love Madame Tussauds, the celebrities look so real.
10. For older children, try one of the thrill rides at the top of the Stratosphere.
11. Also, the older children will love the Mob Museum downtown.
12. Visit Fremont Street at night. The kids will love all the lights. Kids 60 pounds and up can zip line through Fremont Street on SlotZilla.
13. Take a gondola ride at the Venetian.
14. Take the kids to see Terry Factor at the Mirage -I can describe it as a comedy, puppet, singing, very entertaining for all ages.
15. See Gregory Popovich’s Comedy Pet Theater at Planet Hollywood.
16. Teens will like to see the Jabbawockeez. The dance group became famous when they won America’s Best Dance Crew.
17. Walk around and visit all the hotels on the strip. It’s a must especially on a first time visit. Remember if you have young children, bring a stroller. Walking is Vegas is a lot for an adult, be mindful of little legs. If you are going during the warm months, remember you are in the desert. It gets extremely hot. Drink plenty of water and keep those kids hydrated.
Kidsplayandcreate picks for best Las Vegas hotels for Kids
- Excalibur- Medieval castle style hotel, with arcade
- New York, New York- large buildings, statue of Liberty and a roller coaster
- Mandalay Bay- They have a huge pool complex with a lazy river, beach, wave pool and an aquarium